By Ivan Raconteur
LESTER PRAIRIE Lester Prairie School Board approved its annual appointments during its Jan. 8 reorganizational meeting with few changes.
Corbey Hentges will continue as board chair; Marc Sebora was appointed vice chair; Steve Ziermann will continue to serve as secretary; and Mary Otto was appointed treasurer.
Board members’ committee assignments will remain unchanged for 2018.
Herald Journal was again designated as the district’s official newspaper.
The board also approved the 2018 meeting schedule. Meetings are generally the third Monday each month beginning at 5:45 p.m. in the school media center. Meeting dates for 2018 include:
• Wednesday, Feb. 21
• Monday, March 19
• Monday, April 16
• Monday, May 14
• Monday, June 18
• Monday, July 16
• Monday, Aug. 20
• Monday, Sept. 17
• Monday, Oct. 15
• Monday, Nov. 19
• Monday, Dec. 17
Senior class trip
Senior class advisors Ben Machemehl and Amy Smith presented the itinerary for the senior class trip to New York City.
The group will leave Sunday, March 25, and return Friday, March 30.
Stops Monday, March 25 include Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Natural History, Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum, and Times Square.
Stops Tuesday, March 27 include an NBC studio tour, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, a midtown walking tour, and a Broadway play (“Phantom of the Opera”).
Wednesday, March 28, the group will visit Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial and museum, and a Lower Manhattan tour.
Thursday, March 29 will include a movie TV tour, the Central Park Zoo, the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station, and the High Line.
Twenty-nine of the 32 seniors in the class will participate in the trip. The class unanimously chose New York City as the destination.
Odds and ends
In other business, the board:
• set the mileage reimbursement at a rate of 10 cents per mile less than the set federal rate for the year (the federal rate is 54.5 cents/mile) so Lester Prairie is 44.5 cents/mile.
• approved Blaine Walstrom as head varsity baseball coach.
• approved William Neubarth as head varsity softball coach.
• approved Kelly Elling as junior varsity softball coach.
• approved Mike Bjork as trapshooting coach.
• approved Kari Amundson as junior high softball coach.
• approved Anthony Frank as junior high baseball coach.