LESTER PRAIRIE, MN Organizers have been working to ensure that the annual Prairie Days festival in Lester Prairie has something for everyone.
The event is set for Friday to Sunday, July 13 to 15 this year.
There will be games, attractions, competitions, and music, as well as food and beverages.
Following are some of the highlights:
• 4 p.m. 3D Shoot for kids located upstairs of hardware store at club, sponsored by Prairie Archers (free)
• 4-6 p.m. Bingo, sponsored by Prairie Arts Council
• 5-8:30 p.m. Car roll-in (Contact Larry Hoof 320-395-2604) located on Central Ave.
• 5 p.m. Under the food tent food serving and beverages sold, and music begins
• 5-9 p.m. BB gun shoot, sponsored by the National Turkey Federation
• 5-8 p.m. Kids games kids train ride/bouncy house/gaga ball
• 5-8 p.m. Music by Triple Shot band (‘50s and ‘60s rock and country music)
• 5-8 p.m. National Guard Large Obstacle Course (free)
• 5-8 p.m. Little tikes play area including a toddler inflatable (free)
• 5 p.m.-dark: Large gaga pit sponsored by Lester’s Building Services, LLC.
• 6-8 p.m. Pallet & Paint class by Riverbend Design located under the art tent ($30/person)
• 6 p.m. - Kids tractor pedal pull located on Central Avenue, sponsored by Full Throttle Services
• 6-8 p.m. Pinewood Derby car racing, sponsored by the Cub Scouts
• 6-7 p.m. Bib pick-up/registration for the 5K fun race/walk at the gazebo
• 8-8:30 p.m. Pie eating contest in front of the main stage on the street)
• 8:30 p.m. to midnight: music by Mitch Gordon and the Unleaded Band (featured at Winstock).
Activities and food
• 6:45-7:30 a.m. Registration for 5k and kids run will begin at 1st Ave. South and Juniper St.
• 8 a.m. 5K run/walk & 9:10 am: kids run begins (door prizes and awards after)
• 8-10 a.m. Disc golf tournament at the Second Ave. Park (just show up, pay in and pay out)
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Craft/vendors fair located at Central Avenue Park (contact: email@example.com)
• 9 a.m. Cribbage card tournament (contact: troyfeltmann@.com)
• 10-11:30 a.m. Pallet Painting Class with Art on the Move ($30/person)
• 10 a.m. to 5pm: Little tikes play area/ kids train rides/inflatables
• 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. BB gun shoot, sponsored by the National Turkey Federation
• 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Gypsy Horse Show, doing her fun tricks (located on Central Avenue)
• All day: Gaga ball fun, sponsored by Lester’s Building Systems, LLC
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m: Pinewood Derby car racing and cork racing, sponsored by the Cub Scouts
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 7:30 to 9 p.m. Dunk tank, operated by Lester Prairie High School After Prom Committee.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Zorb Ball activity, sponsored by First Community Bank (free)
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Water slide, sponsored by Lester’s Building Systems (free)
• 10-11:30 a.m. Lester’s Got Talent (sign up at Lester Prairie Hight School). Prizes will be awarded. Sponsored by KDUZ/KARP/KGLB radio
• 10:30 a.m. Food and beverages available under tent.
Music and entertainment
• 11 a.m. Kiddie parade (contact: troyfeltmann@.com) Central Ave. Sponsored by the LP Business Association. No need to register. The parade ends at the treasure hunt. Prizes will be awarded to the ambassadors’ top three costume picks.
• 11:30 a.m. Kids’ treasure hunt (sponsored by Herald Journal and Litzau Excavating) Children can dig through the sand and find quarters.
• Noon - Bean bag tournament, double elimination, must pre-register by 11:30 a.m. with Danny 612-245-2766. Sponsored by Dodge House
• Noon - 4 p.m. Kids games (50 cents/game), bouncy house (free)
• Noon-1:30 p.m. Free corn feed (while it lasts). sponsored by Thrivent Lutheran Services, Glencoe Butter & Produce, and McLeod County Sheriff
• Noon-1:30 p.m. Music by Phyllis Hummel & the Swinging Country Band (old time country) under the tent
• 1 p.m. Frozen T-shirt contest/game by the art tent. Prizes will be awarded
• 1:30-3 p.m. Music by Country Fried Grubers, on street stage
• 2-5 p.m. Meet-and-greet with Disney characters, located by little kids play area
• 2:30-4:30 p.m. Bingo, sponsored by the Prairie Arts Club
• 3-4:30 p.m. Music by Chuck, Jason, and Jacob Thiel under the food tent
• 4:30-6 p.m. Music by Cracklin’ Blue country band on the street stage
• 6 p.m. - Grand Parade (contact Nancy Krull), same route as previous years
• 7 p.m./following parade: Ambassador coronation, downtown Central Square
• 7:30-8:30 p.m. Kids games, train rides, obstacle course, and bouncy house
• 7 p.m.-dark: Water slide, zorb ball activity, gaga ball
• 8:30 p.m. to midnight: Music by The Young Funks, pop and rock variety
• Fireworks at dusk, sponsored by DS Smith (formerly Worldwide Dispensers).
• 9:30 a.m. Community church service under the tent downtown
• 10:30 a.m. Community cleanup. Volunteers are needed. Families and individuals encouraged to help.
More about Prairie Days
See stories about the Prairie Days grand marshal and honorary senior citizens in the Friday, July 13 issue of Herald Journal.