HLWW School District 2687 Board Minutes
|BOARD OF EDUCATION WORK SESSION MEETING
Monday, September 26, 2016
HLWW HS Media Center
The September 26, 2016 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 6:01 pm. by Chairperson Wiech. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Wiech, Lasiuk, Heuer, Bush, and Bravinder; absent: Diers, and Detlefsen. Also present were Principals Jason Mix, Jim Schimelpfenig, and Jennifer Olson, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Bravinder motioned to approve the agenda; Lasiuk seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. A) Kelli Westling presented the 2016 assessment and testing results, and gave updates on the World’s Best Work Force Plan.
(Item V, Subd. B) Bush requested to discuss book fine procedures. Each principal reviewed their procedures. Bush indicated there was a parent who approached him with concerns about a book fine her student received. Principal Mix asked Bush to let him know who it was so he could contact the person to resolve the situation.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Principal Schimelpfenig gave a report
Principal Mix gave a report.
Principal Olson gave a report.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Upcoming Board Member Event Appearances:
Homecoming Coronation September 23 @ 1:45 pm Detlefsen
Support Staff Awards St. Cloud September 28 (evening)-Bravinder,
Community Concert October 26 @ 1 pm Diers
LEAA Awards St. Cloud October 26 @ 5:30 pm --Bravinder
Veterans Day Program November 11 @ 10 am-HS--Diers
HS Fall Musical November 17-19 @ 7:30 pm-Bravinder
November--Donuts for Dads/Muffins for Moms 7:30 am-Humphrey Elm & Winsted Elm
(Item VI, Subd. C) There were no updates on new items from board members.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday October 10, 2016 6 pm HLWW HS Media Center
• Work Session Meeting - Monday October 24, 2016 6 pm HLWW HS Media Center
(Item VIII) Items for next meeting
• Employment Recommendations/Lane Changes
• Approve World’s Best Workforce Report
• Approve First Reading of Policies
• Approve Winter Coaching Staff
• Approve Property & Casualty Insurance
• Approve Assurance of Compliance
• Approve Overnight Student Trips
• Approve Teacher Seniority List Posting
• Approve Custodial Contract for 2016-18
• Early Entrance into Kindergarten Outline.
Heuer motioned to adjourn at 6:53 pm; Bravinder seconded; passed unanimously.
Michelle Heuer, Clerk
Published in the Herald Journal Oct. 17, 2016.