HLWW School District 2687 Board Minutes
|BOARD OF EDUCATION WORK SESSION MEETING
Monday, October 23, 2017
HLWW HS Media Center
The October 23, 2017 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Chairperson Wiech. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Wiech, Lasiuk, Heuer, Bush, Bravinder, Diers and Detlefsen. Also present were Superintendent Brad Sellner, Principals Jason Mix and Jennifer Olson, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Heuer motioned to approve the agenda; Detlefsen seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. A) Mike Hennek and Joe Tulkki, representatives from 4.O School Services, reported on staff and student training.
(Item V, Subd. B) Wright Tech Center Director, Brian Koslofsky, introduced himself and discussed the history of the progra.m.s and the vision for the future.
Mark Lee reviewed the apprenticeship progra.m. at Wright Tech Center.
Superintendent Sellner reviewed the Sherburne Wright Education Technology Coop (SW-ETC).
(Item V, Subd. C) Superintendent Sellner reviewed the information from Ehlers regarding the agriculture land tax credit.
(Item V, Subd. D) Superintendent Sellner reviewed information about the high school parking lot lighting.
(Item V, Subd. E) Superintendent Sellner reviewed the districts TIES membership costs. Sellner indicated we need to give a one year notice to TIES if we leave. The consensus of the board was to explore options further.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Principal Olson gave a report.
Principal Mix gave a report.
Principal Schimelpfenig gave a written report.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Superintendent Sellner gave a report.
(Item VI, Subd. C) Upcoming Board Member Event Appearances:
• Community Concert October 25 @ 1 p.m. Diers
• LEAA Awards St. Cloud October 25 @ 5:30 p.m. Bravinder
• Veterans Day Progra.m. MS/HS November 10 @ 10 a.m. Diers
• HS Fall Musical November 16-18 @ 7:30 p.m. Diers
• Donuts for Dads/Muffins for Moms November 14 @ 7:30 a.m.-Winsted Elm Diers; November 16 @ 7:30 a.m.-Humphrey Elm
(Item VI, Subd. D) There were no additional updates from board members.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday November 13, 2017 6 p.m. HLWW HS Media Center
• Work Session Meeting - Monday November 27, 2017 6 p.m. HLWW HS Media Center
(Item VIII) Items for next meeting
• Employment Recommendations
• Approve World’s Best Workforce Report
• Approve First Reading of Policies
• Approve Second Reading of Policies
• Approve Property & Casualty Insurance
• Approve Teacher Senior List
• Approve Audit
No Work Session topics at this time.
Bravinder motioned to adjourn at 7:30 p.m.; Heuer seconded; passed unanimously.
Michelle Heuer, Clerk
Published in the Herald Journal Nov. 17, 2017.