HLWW School District 2687 Board Minutes
|BOARD OF EDUCATION WORK SESSION MEETING
Monday, June 25, 2018
HLWW HS Media Center
The June 25, 2018 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 6:02 pm. by Chairperson Wiech. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Wiech, Heuer, Bush, Bravinder and Diers; absent: Lasiuk and Superintendent Sellner; Detlefsen arrived at 6:11 pm. Also present were Principals Jason Mix, Jim Schimelpfenig, and Jennifer Olson, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Heuer motioned to approve the agenda; Diers seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. A) Scott Berning, Activities Director, reviewed the activity handbook changes along with the addition of prerequisite skills for all activities.
(Item V, Subd. B) Kelli Westling, District Assessment Coordinator, reviewed the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
(Item V, Subd. C) Wiech reported this is an item Bush wanted to discuss. Pam Henry-Neaton reviewed the Guardian Angel Fund.
(Item V, Subd. D) Wiech reported this is an item Bush wanted to discuss. The board discussed the information on teacher provided supply costs.
(Item V, Subd. E) Wiech reported the Backpack Food Program final year-end report was included in the board packet.
(Item V, Subd. F) Wiech reported the Negotiations Committee has started meeting with the Paraprofessionals and the Custodial groups.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Principal Olson gave a report.
Principal Schimelpfenig gave a report.
Principal Mix gave a report.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Upcoming Board Member Event Appearances:
New Teacher Workshop Day August 23 (morning) Heuer
Winsted Elementary Open House August 28 5-7 pm Heuer
Humphrey Elementary Open House August 28 5-7pm
Middle School Open House August 29 4:30-7:30 pm
High School Open House August 29 5-7 pm
District Staff Development Day August 29 & 30 (morning)
First Day of School September 4 (morning)
Support Staff Awards St. Cloud November 14 (evening)
(Item VI, Subd. C) There were no updates from board members.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday July 9, 2018 6pm HLWW HS Media Center
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday August 13, 2018 6pm HLWW HS Media Center
• Work Session Meeting - Monday August 27, 2018 6pm HLWW HS Media Center
(Item VIII) Items for next meeting
• Employment Recommendations
• Approve First Reading of Policies
• Approve Second Reading of Policies
• Approve Truth in Taxation Hearing Date
• Approve Health & Safety Long Term Facilities Maintenance Resolution, Plan & Policy
• Resolution Calling for General Election
• Approve MAWSECO Leases
• Negotiations Update
• Possible Contract Approvals
• Approve Fall Coaching Staff
• Approve Student Activities Handbook
• Transportation Report-August
• Approve School Board Referendum Allowance Reauthorization-August
• World’s Best Work Force Report-October
Work Session: To be discussed at the August meeting.
Bravinder motioned to adjourn at 7:13 p.m.; Detlefsen seconded; passed unanimously.
Michelle Heuer, Clerk
Published in the Herald Journal July 13, 2018.