HLWW School District 2687 Board Minutes
|BOARD OF EDUCATION WORK SESSION MEETINGMonday, September 23, 2019HLWW HS Media Center
The September 23, 2019 School Board Work Session meeting of the Howard Lake-Waverly- Winsted ISD #2687 was called to order at 6:01 pm. by Chairperson Heuer. After the pledge of allegiance, roll was taken with the following members present: Heuer, Koch, Scheuch, Diers and Detlefsen; absent: Bravinder; and Peterson arrived at 6:15 pm. Also present were Superintendent Brad Sellner, Principal Jennifer Olson, and Board Secretary Marilyn Greeley.
(Item IV) Diers motioned to approve the agenda; Scheuch seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. A) Elementary Teachers Jodi Sanken, Pam Halverson and Ryan Petersen gave a presentation about the elementary welcome days.
Peterson arrived at 6:15 pm.
(Item V, Subd. B) Principal Jennifer Olson reviewed the request for an additional 2.5 hours of paraprofessional time to cover student needs and support for the 2019-20 school year as part of the Title support needs required at Holy Trinity. Olson indicated this position will be funded through Title dollars for the 2019-20 school year.
Scheuch motioned to approve the 2.5 hours of paraprofessional time for the 2019-20 school year at Holy Trinity; Detlefsen seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. C) Kelli Westling, Testing Coordinator, gave an update on the World’s Best Workforce Plan.
(Item V, Subd. D) Superintendent Sellner reviewed the request to be designated as the IOwA person for ISD#26887.
Diers motioned to designate Brad Sellner, Superintendent and/or Marilyn Greeley, MARSS Coordinator, as the Identified Officials with Authority to authorize user access to MDE secure websites for ISD#2687; Koch seconded; passed unanimously.
(Item V, Subd. E) Superintendent Sellner and the Negotiations Committee reviewed the tentative teacher agreement.
(Item V, Subd. F) Superintendent Sellner reviewed the communications. Sellner indicated this is a brief list of some items regarding the upcoming levy vote. Sellner also reviewed the 2019-20 revenue ranking by district. Sellner also indicated he and Joe Tulkki, Transportation Supervisor are looking into a cul-de-sac issue.
(Item VI, Subd. A) Superintendent report: information already discussed in the previous item.
(Item VI, Subd. B) Upcoming Board Member Event Appearances:
• Community Concert - October 23 @ 1 PM
• LEEA Awards October 23 Bravinder
• Humphrey Elementary Donuts/Muffins - November 6 (morning) Heuer, Detlefsen, Diers
• Winsted Elementary Donuts/Muffins - November 7 (morning) Heuer, Koch, Diers
• High School Veteran’s Day Program November 11 @ 10 AM
• Fall Musical November 15-16 @ 7:30 PM; November 17 @ 2:30 PM
• Support Staff Awards St. Cloud November 20 (evening) Bravinder
• Winsted Elementary Musical Grade 3&4 November 21 @ 1 & 7 PM
Referendum meeting dates:
• October 7 - Public Meeting Night 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. All Board Members
• October 10 Elementary PT Conferences 4:00-7:45 p.m.
• October 10 Home VB Game 6:00- 8:00 p.m.
• October 11 Home FB Game 6:30 after halftime-Heuer, Detlefsen
• October 14 HS/MS PT Conferences 4:00-7:00 p.m. Diers
• October 15 Elementary PT Conferences 4:00-7:45 p.m.
(Item VI, Subd. C) There were no new items from board members.
(Item VII) Next Meeting Dates:
• Public Referendum Meeting - Monday October 7, 2019 7pm HLWW HS Media Center
• Regular Board Meeting - Monday October 14, 2019 6pm HLWW HS Media Center
• Work Session Meeting - Monday October 28, 2019 6pm HLWW HS Media Center
(Item VIII) Items for next meeting
• Bill Reader- October Koch
• Employment Recommendations/Lane Changes
• Approve Second Reading of Policies
• Approve First Reading of Policies
• Approve 2020-21 School Calendar
• Approve Election Notifications
• Approve Winter Coaching Staff
• Approve Overnight Student Trips
• Approve Assurance of Compliance with State/Federal Law Prohibiting Discrimination
• Approve Property & Casualty Insurance
• Approve Resolution for District Application to MSHSL
• Approve Teacher Contract
Peterson motioned to adjourn at 7:20 p.m.; Detlefsen seconded; passed unanimously.
Lacy Detlefsen, Clerk
Published in the Herald Journal Oct. 25, 2019.