Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 at 6:30pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Wednesday, February 12th, 2014, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present:
MerriLea Kyllo, Bob Carlson, Karla Heigl and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Ivan Raconteur was there from the Herald Journal Newspaper.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Heigl, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Reorganization & Regular Board meeting of 1/6/2014, the Special Board & Closed Meeting on 1/30/2014. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $181,376.28 & student activity fees of $7,061.53 were also included. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Mr. Schmidt’s K-12 Report: Handout
Mr. McNulty’s Superintendent Report:
• Superintendent Evaluation (Closed meeting held on 3/17/2014 after regular board meeting).
• Discussed Teacher Evaluation presentation held at MASPA.
• SWWC Bulletin write up.
• District student count as of 2/7/2014 for K-12 is 417.
Motion by Carlson, seconded by Radtke to approve Technology Policy #524 Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• None at this time.
• Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Klitzke to approve the resignation of EL instructor Tanya Stoltfus at the end of the 2013-2014 school year. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve retro pay for extra-curricular contracts for 2013-2014. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Reminder that Lester Prairie Schools are in session on 2/17/2014 (President’s Day) to make up missed day due to weather.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Radtke to approve the following make up days (if needed): 2/17/2014 (scheduled), 3/14/2014, 4/21/2014. Any further days needed to be made up will extend school year into June 2014.
• Discussion regarding photos of classes or grade levels. Information was provided by Creek View Photography.
• Motion by Radtke, seconded by Kyllo to approve the seeking of audit quotes. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Discussion & web presentation regarding Video Insight Pilot
• Motion by Heigl, seconded by Radtke to approve the 2014-2015 calendar. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Meeting was adjourned at pm.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal March 24, 2014.