Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, March 17th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, March 17th, 2014, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present:
MerriLea Kyllo, Bob Carlson, Rollie Radtke, Greg Machemehl, Karla Heigl and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty, Jeremy Schmidt & Blaine Wahlstrom. Guests were Joe Scoblic, Tanya Stoltzman, Dave Uecker, Christine Mattson, Diane Czech & Helen Lester. Tara Mathews was there from the Herald Journal Newspaper.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Radtke, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as presented or modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting on 2/12/2014. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $136,837.24 & student activity fees of $1,265.99 were also included. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
• Girls & Boys Varsity Basketball Season Success.
• Open Dialogue N/A
Mr. Schmidt’s K-12 Report: Handout
Activities Director (Blaine Wahlstrom):
• Discussed Open Head Volleyball Position.
• No “C’ squad team for baseball
• Discussed allowing 6th grade boys to play on Jr. High Baseball Team & possibly adding another Jr. High Coach.
•Discussed possible elimination of activities transportation bus. No action taken at this time.
Facilities Supervisor (Dave Uecker): Handout
Mr. McNulty’s Superintendent Report: Handout
• District student count as of 3/12/2014 for K-12 is 418.
• Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Klitzke to approve the following contracts:
1. Sarah Wojciechowski Spring Play Advisor
2. Zach Bondhus Asst Track Coach
3. Patrick Cole Asst Trap Coach
4. Ryan Quast Jr. High Baseball Coach
5. Aaron Schultz JV Baseball Coach
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve the SWWC contract for services rendered. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to approve the revised budget for fiscal year 2014. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Radtke, seconded by Machemehl to approve the United Way Grant Application for the DARE program and Police Liaison. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to extend the Honeywell/ESP energy contract for 2015. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to renew the Environmental Safety Program. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Heigl to approve the resolution directing the administration to make recommendations for reductions in programs and positions as reasons therefore. Roll call vote: Machemehl Yes, Heigl Yes, Klitzke Yes, Radtke Yes, Kyllo Yes, Carlson Yes. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Machemehl to renew the NAIER program. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Tabled the discussion of credits for graduation until the April 2014 Regular Board Meeting on 4/21/2014.
• Discussion on possible 2014 roof project.
• Joe Scoblic presented final itinerary for 2014 Senior Class Trip (19 students/2 chaperones). Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Radtke to approve this itinerary. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Presentation of Solar Program by Eric Angval and associate was tabled until the 4/21/2014 regular board meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:29 p.m.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal May 5, 2014.