Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, April 21st, 2014 at 6:30pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
A regular meeting of the Board of Education, District #424, Lester Prairie, McLeod County, Minnesota was held on Monday, April 21st, 2014, at the Lester Prairie Public Schools Media Center.
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: MerriLea Kyllo, Bob Carlson, Rollie Radtke, Greg Machemehl, Karla Heigl and Matthew Klitzke. Administration present: Mike McNulty & Jeremy Schmidt. Guests were Ivan Raconteur of the Herald Journal Newspaper & Jim Richardson (on behalf of Prairie Archers).
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Matt Klitzke.
Motion by Radtke, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as presented or modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting on 3/17/2014. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $188,344.59 & student activity fees of $874.41 were also included. Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
• The board recognized recent choir performance.
• The “Bulldog Bash” was a HUGE success. Sold out! 305 guests. $28,000 in donations!
• Jim Richardson of Prairie Archers requested permission from the district to utilize the track for an archery tournament on May 18th, from 1pm-3pm. The board gave verbal approval to do so as long as Mr. Richardson confirmed there was no violation of city ordinance and that Mr. McNulty seek approval from district’s insurer.
Mr. Schmidt’s K-12 Report: Handout
Mr. McNulty: Visited State Capital. Update on United Way, Bush Foundation, & PACT grants. Mr. Bjork secured Donors Choose grant for gym water bottles.
• District student count as of 3/12/2014 for K-12 is 413.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Kyllo to approve membership in the Minnesota State High School League 2014-2015. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Motion by Heigl, seconded by Klitzke to follow graduation credits recommended by Principal Schmidt. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Radtke to approve the following contracts:
1. Kaja Powers-Sorenson (Spring Play Advisor)
2. Christine Dammann (Cheerleading Coach)
Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Motion by Carlson, seconded by Machemehl to approve the Retirement of Carolyn Maas. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
• Discussion regarding access to school’s new video surveillance system was had. Board agreed that all access to new system will be kept in-house.
• Motion by Heigl, seconded by Radtke to approve notice of recognition to negotiate by the Minnesota School Employees Association. Voting was 6 for, 0 against.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:27pm.
Matthew D. Klitzke, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal May 26, 2014.