Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, January 7th, 2015 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: MerriLea Kyllo, Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Corbey Hentges and Steve Ziermann. Rawelin Radtke absent. Administration present: Mike McNulty, Alice Daak. Guests: Ivan Raconteur of the Herald Journal.
Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Heigl to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting of 12/15/2014. In the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $290,738.36 & student activity fees of $1,858.94 were also included. Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Nothing to report.
Mr. Schmidt’s K-12 Report: Absent - No electronic report or hand written report
Mr. Walstrom Handwritten report:
• Volleyball and Softball ordering new uniforms
• Softball JH open coaching position 2 possible candidates
• Baseball JH and JV open coaching positions 1 good candidate and have reached out to others
• One Act play competing Jan. 31st in Annandale
• Knowledge Bowl had several JH students move on to Regional meet
• Future Hoopsters 66 kids have signed up
• Working with HT Administration this spring to create and implement a coaches code of conduct for the 2015/2016 school year
Mr. McNulty’s Superintendent Report:
• AMAO report handed out all targets met
• Discussed and handed out Solar Project Report
Feb 20 application deadline
• Discussed Key Fobs handed out to new Board Members
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed None
B. Community Ed. None
C. LPPEA None
D. Facilities/Maint. Solar Project
E. Tech/Media Meet in February
F. Legislative/MSBA None
G. Activities Committee Meet in March
a. Certified Meet in Feb.
b. Non-Certified Meet next year
c. Administration End of June for Alice and Kelly
I. Meet & Confer None
J. Policy - None
• District student count as of 12/23/2014 for K-12 is 420.
• Board Members to attend the MSBA Annual Leadership Conf. January 13-16th, 2015
• One action approve the up and coming contracts
• Board Resolution From research of other local school districts and advisement of Superintendent Mr. McNulty a handout was given to and read by Chairperson Karla Heigl to request to the state of MN a school start date prior to Labor Day.
• Mr. McNulty handed out results from public survey if the district should start school prior to labor day - 70% for, 30% against
• Motion by Mary Otto, seconded by MerriLea Kyllo to request and submit school start date change. Voting was 5 for, 0 against
• Board Retreat date set for Jan. 29th at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:26 P.M.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Feb. 23, 2015.