Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, February 2nd, 2015 6:15 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: MerriLea Kyllo, Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Corbey Hentges, Steve Ziermann and Rawelin Radtke. Administration present: Mike McNulty. Guests: Tara Mathews of the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Kyllo, seconded by Heigl to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Reorganizational & Regular Board meeting of 1/7/2015, the Special Board meeting on 11/12/14 and in the same motion, approval to pay bills in the amount of $106,685.27 & student activity fees of $1,114.17 were also included. Motion by Hentges, 2nd by Radtke...Voting was 5 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Kyllo reported that they heard great reviews were received on the One Act Play
B. Open dialogue - none
Mr. Schmidt’s K-12 Report: - Handed out report
• End of quarter PLC teams meet part of teacher evaluation
• Snow Fest Rewards on Wednesday Pizza and Skiing
• Science Fair Awards given on Friday
• Paraprofessional week Treats provided by staff for thanks of their service
• Geography Bee 1/17/15 Erik Hentges was the winner
• Spelling Bee Delaney Sebora was the winner will go to Redwood Falls on Feb 11th
• Student behavior report given. data shows problem behavior % is down across the board of all grades.
Mr. Walstrom Report: AD absent Mr. McNulty will send electronic report.
Dave Uecker Facilities Report:
• Coil for Roof waiting for crane/Coil was 10 days out following up with vendor. Heigl asked if there was some warranty.
• Urinal in boys locker room capped off.
• Requested pricing for regular chain link fence for the bleachers
• Bathroom doors in Women’s bathroom still waiting on security tools to replace. They should be in this week. Currently they can be closed and locked.
• Hentges was assigned to review Facilities work orders.
Mr. McNulty’s Superintendent Report: Handed out report
• Attended SWWC Supers and Collaborative meeting
• Attended McLeod County Safe Roads Coalition
• Attended Pathways to Post Secondary meeting
• Attended MSBA conference Reports of conf. from Board members that attended sent out.
• LCTN Ziermann accepted as board replacement for Matt K.
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed None
B. Community Ed. - None
C. LPPEA Article in paper positive comments on committee
D. Facilities/Maint. Solar Project
E. Tech/Media Meet in February
F. Legislative/MSBA None
G. Activities Committee- Meet in March
a. Certified Meet in Feb.
b. Non-Certified Meet next year
c. Administration End of June for Alice and Kelly
I. Meet & Confer Calendar
J. Policy - None
• District student count as of 1/28/2015 for K-12 is 415.
• Solar Panel discussion Need to decide this week by Jan. 13th,15
• Motion made to move forward Grant for Solar Panel by Otto, 2nd by Radtke
• Motion made Kyllo and 2nd Hentges to approve the contract for Genevieive Jeurissen for Kids Depot worker vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made to approve contracts for Ben Machemel JV Baseball coach and Michael Bjork as asst. track coach. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made Heigl and 2nd Hentges to approve the Recognition by Lester Prairie School Board of “Notice of Desire to Negotiate” by the Lester Prairie Education Association. vote: 6 for, 0 against
• One Action to approved a second check run in February (due to early Board meeting) motion Radtke 2nd Kyllo vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Board Resolution Directing the administration to make recommendations for reductions in programs and positions as reasons therefore. Motion: Radtke 2nd: Kyllo vote 6 for, 0 against
• Board acknowledged Senior Class Trip agenda provided to board by Mr. Bjork and Ms. Mattson date March 22nd 28th
- 25 of 32 students participating
- Stopping in Chicago and New York
- Cost is $1,380 per student
- LP Lions to cover Pizza comparisons between cities
• Discussion of 2016 Graduation date May 25th or 26th
- Survey will be sent out to parents
Meeting was adjourned at 7:16 P.M.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal March 16, 2015.
Work Session of the