Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|Special Meeting of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: MerriLea Kyllo, Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Corbey Hentges, Steve Ziermann and Rawelin Radtke. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt, Michael Bjork, Ryan James, and Alice Daak
Guests: Ivan Raconteur of the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Interview with Mr. Schmidt
a. Board put together a list of questions and after Mr. Schmidt completed his answer and or answers, each member present was given the opportunity to discuss or add to the question presented.
b. Concluding questioning each member present was given the opportunity to ask any other further questions.
2. Board Applicant review process
a. 18 applications received for position
b. Administration committee met on March 11th with Alice Daak Business Administrator to review applicants
i. Upon review of applicants only a few with prior Superintendent experience
3. Board discussion of Mr. Schmidt’s interview and responses given
a. Heigl asked each non Board member present for a response to the interview
b. Each Board member gave their response to the interview
4. A motion was made by Heigl to offer the position of Superintendent to Jeremy Schmidt pending contract with Board and Mr. Schmidt.
Radtke asked if the term of contract was to start July 1st. Heigl agreed.
• Next steps:
1. Heigl to revise existing superintendent contract and send to Board Members for review and possible modifications
2. Make adjustments per Board recommendations for Board approval.
3. Present Contract to Mr. Schmidt.
4. Upon the successful negotiation of the contract, submit a Request for Variance Form to MDE.
5. Roll Call vote taken for motion on the floor
a. Radtke yes, Hentges yes , Otto yes
b. Heigl yes, Kyllo yes, Ziermann yes
Vote 6 for, 0 against
Meeting was adjourned at 6:36 p.m.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal April 13, 2015.