Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 6:30pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: MerriLea Kyllo, Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Corbey Hentges, Steve Ziermann and Rawelin Radtke. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt Other Staff: Alice Daak, Christine Mattson Guests: Ivan Raconteur of the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Otto, seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting of 9/24/15 & approval to pay bills in the amount of $195,711.45 & student activity fees of $6,858.91
Vote 6 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Conferences were well attended
B. Volleyball parents concerned of conferences held on game nights
C. Open dialogue none
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: - highlights
• Attended North Central Collaborative Common Teacher In-Service Day at Grove City on Oct. 5th with 400+ in attendance
• Conferences 97% attendance at Elementary Conferences, 51% High School
• New keyboarding program introduced to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade
• Working on a video with area schools to help curb Truancy
- LP Truancy one of the lowest around
• Attended North Collaborative Principals meeting in Olivia Oct. 20th
- assessment and digital curriculum were highlights
Mr. Walstrom Report: Absent - None given
Dave Uecker Facilities Report: Absent none given
Mr. Schmidt Superintendent Report: Highlights
• Attended MASA conference in Duluth
• Levy Update Discussion
- Letter sent out to District households
- Posted on school website
- Met with groups in city
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed none
B. Community Ed. none
C. LPPEA Received $$ for CPR packets used in Health Classes
D. Facilities/Maint. Stage rental quotes reported by Ziermann, Mr. Schmidt to follow up another possible lead.
E. Tech/Media New committee members established Katie Carmine, Kelly Kraemer, and Janelle Afrasiab. Meeting to be scheduled
F. Activities Committee Meet on Nov. 11th
a. Certified meeting right after regular board meeting 10-21
H. Meet & Confer Meeting held Oct. 7th
a. Facilities cleaning issues for school events
b. Access to computer lab
I. Policy none
• District student count as of 10/19/15 for K-12 is 407.
• Motion made Radtke and 2nd Heigl to approve the contracts for:
A. Christy Maesse Special Education Para
B. Todd Rogers Jr. High Girl’s Basketball
C. Paige Aldrich One Act Play Co-Advisor
D. Jennifer Smith One Act Play Co-Advisor
Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Heigl 2nd by Hentges to approve snow removal contract with City of Lester Prairie Litzau Excavating Vote 6 for 0 against
• Next meeting November 16th agenda items
- Stage Rental pricing
Meeting was adjourned at 7:10 PM.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Nov. 30, 2015.