Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public
Monday November 16th, 2015 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Corbey Hentges, and Steve Ziermann. Absent: Rawelin Radtke. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt, Nate Boyer. Other Staff: Blaine Walstrom, Alice Daak. Other Guests Joel Stencel and Ivan Raconteur from the Herald Journal
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Ziermann seconded by Kyllo to approve the Consent Agenda as modified, approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting of 10/21/15 and the Special board meeting of 11/6/15. Approval to pay bills in the amount of $137,760.18 & student activity fees of $651.10 were also included. Vote: 5 for, 0 against.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Communications received Great Band Concert Reviews, Play was well attended
B. Open dialogue none
Board member Radtke Arrives
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: Highlights
• Staff attended WE Day
• Taping Truancy Video Clips
• 162 weekly PBIS winners
• Certification obs. and walkthroughs continue daily
• Task force holding their 2nd Free Lunch
Mr. Walstrom Report: Highlights
• Fall Sports report
• Boys and Girls basketball to start
• Successful Fall play
• Knowledge Bowl to start Dec. 4th
Dave Uecker Facilities Report: Handout highlights
• 87 work orders since August
• Board member Ziermann asked if work order notification tool was in place. Board member Hentges to be notified.
- Chair Heigl asked Mr. Schmidt to follow up
• New night lead hired
• 2 call/fill positions to be hired
Mr. Schmidt’s Superintendent Report: Highlights
• Moved personnel to fill Isabelle’s position
- Open position posted in paper
• HLC Teachers will be allowed to teach longer for College Courses
• 34 Spots sold for advertising in gym
- Ziermann asked how these funds are allocated
- Advertising $$ are put in Gen. Fund and used to the discretion of Mr. Schmidt
• Radtke to sign Affidavit for shed work
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed None
B. Community Ed. None
C. LPPEA $8,920 Clubs Choice Fundraiser
a. Most Requests approved for $$
b. School Store Dec. 4th
c. Donations for Winsted Silent Auction @ Library
d. Holiday Treats for Staff Dec. 17th
D. Facilities/Maint. None
E. Tech/Media new committee formed, meeting on Nov. 18th
F. Activities Committee met on Nov. 11th
a. Tentative agreement established.
b. Staff meeting on Friday
H. Meet & Confer to be scheduled
I. Policy None
• District student count as of 11/12/15 for K-12 is 405.
A. Motion made by Heigl 2nd Hentges to approve the following contracts;
a. Jeremy Schmidt Co-Jr. High Boy’s Basketball coach
b. Jacob Oie Co-Jr. High Boy’s Basketball coach
Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Joel Stencel from Eide Bailey gave presentation and handout of the audit
• Discussion of stage options were discussed
- Mr. Schmidt discussed prices gathered for rental by board member Ziermann
- 2 different options were presented.
- Mr. Schmidt reached out to other area schools for available stages
- Radtke offered to donate material to build stage and work with industrial arts class to build
- More discussion to take place
• Next meeting January 6th Regular and Re-org meeting @ 6::30 p.m.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Jan. 4, 2016.