Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, April 18th, 2016 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, Steve Ziermann, Rawelin Radtke and Corbey Hentges. MerriLea Kyllo was absent. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt and Nathaniel Boyer. Other Staff: Alice Daak Guests: Ivan Raconteur of the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Hentges, seconded by Otto to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of regular meeting 03/21/16 & approval to pay bills in the amount of $131,068.94 & student activity fees of $401.17 were also included. Vote: 5 for, 0 against.
MerriLea Kyllo arrives 6:35 p.m.
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Heigl reported great Bulldog bash turnout and thanked Mary Otto for all the extra work.
B. Hentges reported great Spring Play very funny!
C. Open dialogue none
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: - highlights
• MCA testing full swing
• ACT testing for Juniors
• Wednesday family night at school Wild Animals
• Interviews for Open Para positions
• Band Trip St. Louis coming up May 12th return May 15th
• Congrats to Cole Tonn represented LP very well at St. Cloud State
Mr. Schmidt Report: highlights
• Caution the City is working on 2nd Avenue
• Attended NSBA conference in Boston Shared short video
- Over 7,000 people attended conference
- In comparison, Lester Prairie stands out to other schools in attendance
• Special Ed walk through with MDE today no problems found. MDE personnel very impressed.
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed None
B. Community Ed. Kids Depot 13 kids signed up
C. LPPEA Carnival great turn out
a. Animal show Wed. 5:30 p.m.
b. Fall Fundraisers continue with Clubs Choice
i. Grandparents day plants given
ii. Dare T-shirts provided
D. Facilities/Maint. Staff member Tim’s wife passed away
E. Tech/Media Mr. Schmidt to set up next meeting in May
F. Activities Committee
a. Karlea Kyllo attended All Star Banquet in Northfield
i. Great Speakers background of girl sports
1. 1900’s had girl sports
2. Stopped having girl sports for 30 yrs.
a. Certified None
b. Non-Certified Schmidt to talk to committee after meeting
c. Administration None
H. Meet & Confer None
I. Policy Review in July
a. Received updated policies from State
• District student count as of 4/14/2016 for K-12 is 408.
• Heigl read resignation letter from Jill Millerbernd
• Motion made Heigl and 2nd Hentges to approve the resignation of Jill Millerbernd as Elementary Paraprofessional effective April 8th. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made Hentges and 2nd Radtke to the resignation of Rebecca Hintz as Special Education Teach effective June 30th. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Report handed out
Motion made by Ziermann, 2nd by Kyllo to approve the revised budget for 2016-2017 Vote 6 for, 0 against
• Discussion took place regarding lawn mowing contract
• Motion by Otto 2nd Heigl to approve the contract with Andy’s Lawn Service for 2016 Vote 6 for, 0 against
Meeting was adjourned at 7:32 p.m.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal May 30, 2016.