Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, October 19th, 2016 6:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Karla Heigl, Mary Otto, MerriLea Kyllo, Steve Ziermann and Rawelin Radtke. Absent: Corbey Hentges. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt and Nathaniel Boyer. Other staff: Alice Daak
Guests: James Ford with Eide Bailey and Ivan Raconteur for the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
• Motion by Kyllo, 2nd by Otto to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of regular meeting 09/19/16 & approval to pay bills in the amount of $202,810.26 and student activity fees of $8,254 were also included.
Vote: 5 for, 0 against.
James Ford with Eide Bailey presented school audit to the board
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Communications received - none
B. Open dialogue none
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: - highlights
• Very good first month of school.
• Teacher Evaluation Progress. 13/34 formals.
• Picture Day was on Wednesday, September 21st.
• October 3rd Staff Development -ACGC High School (EdCamp format).
• Facilitators from our school were:
• David Rue
• Blaine Walstrom
• Julie Olson
• Attended the SWMASSP Meeting and law conference with Roger Aronson
• Attended the SWMESPA Meeting
• Worked with local and county law enforcement and conducted a lockdown with a K-9 entering the building.
• Fire Prevention Week - Excellent participation in the Fire prevention poster contest. A big thank you to the Lester Prairie Fire Department for coming in, and educating school on Fire Prevention Week.
• ACT Meeting-ACT meeting with Crown College and Mrs. Mattson was well attended and took place on 10/12/16. Mr. Boyer and Mr. Schmidt met with all of the seniors on their graduation progress at the beginning of October.
Mr. Schmidt Report: highlights
• Approved Mr. Machemehl leave of absence 10 days of unpaid.
• Workshop- Exploring the teaching profession attended at U of M applying for pilot program and will gauge the interest of students they get college credits if there is enough interest, we should be able to pilot this program. Another advantage we are all in one building to help out.
• Law Conference attended Topics of events that has happened within the last year
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed None
B. Community Ed. None
C. LPPEA mtg. last week
a. Donkey basketball Nov. 22nd
b. Clubs Choice, no fall book fair
c. Donate 2 pks of tickets to Krone Silent Auction
d. Working on teacher work list for Benefit
e. 3 Requests filled Sleds for playground, Ms. Peterson small request and projector screen for gym
D. Facilities/Maint. met prior to meeting to discuss contract tabled until next meeting
a. 17 work orders since last meeting
b. Waiting on door frame from Bradley Security for room 117
c. Recall work done on boilers
d. Estimate given to Mr. Schmidt for Auto Scrubber
a. Ziermann attend LCTN mtg. on 10/5 budget discussion Schools need to send in their E-Rate equipment budget requests
b. Janelle A. to send out next meeting request
F. Activities Committee
a. End of fall season mtg. coming up.
G. Negotiations - none
H. Meet & Confer none
I. Policy few on agenda
J. Legislative none
• District student count as of 10/11/2016 for K-12 is 431.
• Motion by Heigl and 2nd by Ziermann to approve Solar Panel Project Agreement with IPS Vote: 5 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Ziermann and 2nd by Otto to approve the contracts for:
- Don Whitaker, Assistant Boys Basketball
- Deborah Ahlbrecht, Kids Depot worker
Vote: 5 for, 0 against
• Request made by Kyllo to move the next meeting to 7 p.m.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:07 P.M.
Agenda Items for next meeting: November 21st, 2016
• Custodial contract
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Dec. 5, 2016.