Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REORGANIZATIONAL MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, January 9th, 2017 5:30 p.m.
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Mary Otto, Steve Ziermann, Corbey Hentges, Meganne Stifter-Knoll, Marc Sebora and Rebecca Heimerl. Administration present: Jeremy Schmidt. Other staff present: Jan Smith, Alice Daak, and Tanya Minnick.
Guests: Sara Gonzalez with Dashir Services, and Ivan Raconteur for Herald Journal.
Acceptance and Oath of Office by new Lester Prairie Board Members
• Motion by Hentges, 2nd by Otto to approve the Consent Agenda for Reorganizational Meeting. Vote: 6 for, 0 against.
Election of Officers
Motion by Otto, seconded by Ziermann, to elect Corbey Hentges as Chairperson. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Motion by Ziermann, seconded by Otto, to elect Marc Sebora as Board Vice Chairperson. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Motion by Otto, seconded by Stifter-Knoll, to elect Steve Ziermann as Clerk. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Motion by Ziermann, seconded by Stifter-Knoll, to elect Mary Otto as Treasurer.. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
School Board Items
Motion by Heimerl, seconded by Hentges to approve School Board meeting to take place every 3rd Monday of the month at 5:45 p.m. unless noted. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
School Board Salaries
Motion by Otto, seconded by Ziermann to keep School Board Salaries the same as last year 2016 as follows:
1. 0-3 hrs. = $40
2. 4-6 hrs. = $90
3. > 6 hrs. = $140
Chairperson $15 extra per meeting chaired
Clerk $30 extra per meeting
Treasurer $15 extra per meeting
Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Submitted items for 2017
1. Accept the First Community Bank of Lester Prairie and the Minnesota School District Liquid Asset Fund as official depositories for district funds and to approve a resolution to give check signing authority to Treasurer Otto, Chairperson Hentges and Clerk Ziermann
2. Herald Journal as official publication for District #424 for the 2017 calendar year.
3. Mileage Rate reimbursement at the rate of $.10 per miles less than the set federal rate $.535/mile. (LP = $.435/mile)
4. Annual Delegation authority for EFT’s on behalf of LP schools given to Kelly Elling (Payroll Specialist), Alice Daak (Business Manager) and Jeremy Schmidt (Superintendent)
Motion by Otto and seconded by Stifter-Knoll to approve these submitted items for 2017. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Discussion took place and Board Members were assigned to the following committees:
Special Education Sebora & Heimerl
Community Ed Heimerl & Hentges
LPPEA Stifter-Knoll & Otto
Facilities & Maint. Ziermann, Sebora & Hentges
Technology/Tele Media Ziermann & Stifter-Knoll
Activities Ziermann, Hentges, & Stifter-Knoll
1. Certified - Sebora, Ziermann, Otto
2. Non-Certified - Hentges, Heimerl & Otto
3. Admin - Heimerl, Ziermann & Stifter-Knoll
Meet & Confer Otto & Stifter-Knoll
Policy Otto & Stifter-Knoll
Motion by Ziermann and seconded by Otto to approve the board committees for 2017. Vote: 6 for, 0 against.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:07 p.m.
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Feb. 27, 2017.
REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION