Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, April 19th, 2017 5:45 pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Mary Otto, Steve Ziermann and Corbey Hentges, Mark Sebora, Rebecca Heimerl, and Meganne Stifter-Knoll. Administration present: Nathaniel Boyer and Jeremy Schmidt. Other staff present: Katie Carmine, Kim DeBruyckere, Alice Daak and Sarah Gonzalez with Dashir. Other Guests: Ivan Raconteur for Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Otto seconded by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting of 3/20/17, and the approval to pay bills in the amount of $129,572.35 & student activity fees of $627.82 were also included. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
1. Otto Report - Bulldog Bash a success
a. Record # of items, attendance and donations
b. ext year date set for the 1st Saturday in April in Glencoe.
2. Stifter Knoll report - Dare program Great Speeches
B. Open dialogue none
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: - highlights
• MCA Testing is underway wrap up on May 4th
• Senior Class Trip a success positive feedback from Chaperones
• Miss Carmine and Miss Kraemer coordinated a successful DARE graduation
• LP was awarded United Way Grants for DARE and Reach programs
• Shared results of Student Share Survey
Mr. Schmidt Superintendent Report: - highlights
• Received Grant from 3M for Robotics equipment from 3M
• Received Grant from Wells Fargo for Financial Literacy program meeting with LP Bank to learn savings, interest and compounding.
• New sound system is ready for the play
• Prairie Days Parade July 15th at 6 pm
• End of the year Staff breakfast May 30th at 7:30 am
• Gave legislative update
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed none
B. Community Ed. none
a. $1,100 profit carnival
b. Gifts given to Cooks, paras, and bus drivers
D. Facilities/Maint. walk thru to take place after meeting
a. Scrubber is back
b. Staff attended Johnson training
E. Tech/Media meet in May
F. Activities Committee no report
a. Hentges commented no notifications were sent out for game cancellation for EDVW game. Schmidt to follow up
a. Non-Certified none
b. Certified none - waiting on legislature
H. Meet & Confer none
I. Policy 2nd reading Policy 905 Advertising
J. Legislative: Sebora none
• District student count as of 04/17/17 for K-12 is 432.
• Hentges read Policy 905 Advertising
• Motion made by Ziermann and 2nd Heimerl to table this policy until committee meets Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Hentges read resignation letter from Petra Montagne as elementary education teacher at the end of the school year. (June 30)
• Motion made by Heimerl and 2nd Sebora to approve the resignation as presented Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Hentges read resignation letter from Sam Scoblic as Paraprofessional as of 4/21/17
• Motion made by Sebora and 2nd Ziermann to approve the resignation as presented Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Otto and 2nd Ziermann to approve the revised budget for the 2016-2017 School Year. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Next meeting Monday May 16th at 5:45 pm
Meeting was adjourned at 6:44 PM.
Steven D. Ziermann,
Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal May 22, 2017.