Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday, May 15th, 2017 5:45pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Mary Otto, Steve Ziermann and Corbey Hentges, Mark Sebora, Rebecca Heimerl, and Meganne Stifter-Knoll. Administration present: Nathaniel Boyer and Jeremy Schmidt. Other staff present: Helen Lester, Christina Peterson. Other Guests: Ivan Raconteur for Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
Motion by Otto seconded by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Consent Agenda as modified & to approve the minutes of the Regular Board meeting of 04/19/17, and the approval to pay bills in the amount of $232,089.14 & student activity fees of $5,895.07 were also included. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
A. Communication Report -
1. Great Choir concert
2. Successful Field Trips
a. Pipenburg Park
3. JH Band performance received an excellent rating, and fell just 1 point short of Superior
B. Open dialogue none
Mr. Boyer K-12 Report: - highlights
• Testing complete and audited
• Teacher evaluations complete final evaluations coming
• Summer Ed letter sent out
• 22 students registered for kindergarten next year reaching out to families within the district
• Successful Band concert
• 4th graders held their school play
Mr. Schmidt Superintendent Report: - highlights
• MN management budget pay equity compliance test results passed
• Adult student will graduate in coordination with Waconia board to sign diploma
• School Board operating protocol sheet review Sebora suggested this be put on the next board agenda review sheet in compliance with Open Meeting Law
• District student count is 32 more students at this time more than last year.
School Board Reports
A. Spec. Ed none
B. Community Ed. none
a. End of the year Staff breakfast May 30th at 7:30am
b. IXCEL math program set aside money each year
c. $500 for I love to read month
a. OSHA required training for Lockout/Tagout will be held this month
b. Conducted monthly audits with staff results shared with each
c. Received playground mulch
d. Replaced smoke detector
e. Johnson control panel issue addressed
f. Summer Cleaning schedule being set
E. Tech/Media Met 5/8 -
F. Activities Committee meeting coming after spring sports
a. Softball seeded 3rd in section
b. Volleyball head coach Tina Scheer
c. Mayer not hosting Cross Country LPHT has more athletes
i. Otto suggested to have LPHT host
d. Cancellation of events issue Mr. Schmidt reported a glitch in the system if other schools cancel the event. It does not notify our system. Walstrom and Schmidt to review process
a. Non-Certified none
b. Certified none - waiting on legislature
H. Meet & Confer meet on 5/17
I. Policy setting up time
J. Legislative: Sebora none
• District student count as of 05/10/17 for K-12 is 438.
• Hentges read resignation letter from Connie Murphy as elementary education teacher at the end of the school year. (June 30)
• Motion made by Heimerl and 2nd Ziermann to approve the resignation as presented Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by Otto and 2nd Stifter-Knoll to approve Elizabeth Angermeyr as Special Education Paraprofessional with assigned duties for the 2016-17 school year (4/28/17 to end of the year). Vote: 6 for, 0 against
School Finances none
• Motion made by Ziermann and 2nd Otto to approve the Resolution for Membership in the Minnesota State High School League for 2017-18 Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Ziermann and 2nd by Heimerl to approve Superintendent Schmidt as the designated school representative for the MSHL. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Sebora and 2nd by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Steve Ziermann as the designated school board member representative for the MSHSL. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Ziermann and 2nd Otto to approve Superintendent Jeremy Schmidt as the Identified Official with Authority (IOWA) on the MDE site. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion made by Otto and 2nd Heimerl to approve solicit of bids for milk, bread, garbage and propane. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Next meeting Monday June 19th at 5:45 pm
• Policy Committee Meeting, June 12th at 7 a.m.
• Community Ed Meeting June 27th at 10 a.m.
• Activities Committee Meeting, June 19th at 5 p.m.
• Board members to complete Superintendent evaluation form that was sent out
Meeting was adjourned at 6:36 P.M.
Steven D. Ziermann
Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal June 30, 2017.