Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|REGULAR MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
Monday November 18th, 2019 5:45pm
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Corbey Hentges, Steve Ziermann, Megan Stifter Knoll, Mary Otto, Brian Heimerl, and Rebecca Heimerl. Administration present: Melissa Radeke, Mike Lee and Alice Daak. Guests: Bradley Van Deinse, Melissa Berdsall, and Ivan Raconteur for the Herald Journal.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
• Motion by Otto second by R. Heimerl to approve the Consent Agenda as present and or modified Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Recognition of Communications since Last Meeting:
• Communication Report -
1. School Play - very entertaining
• Open dialogue none
Minutes and Bills
• Motion by Otto and second by Stifter - Knoll to approve the meeting minutes of the Regular Board meeting on 10/23 and pay the bills in the amount of $233,787.07 and student activity fees of $531.85 Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Bradly Van Deinse with Eide Bailey handed out yearly audit. Report looked good.
• Melissa Birdsall with PFM Asset Management handed out pamphlet on Bonds Proceeds Investment Alice has worked with them in the past and has had a good experience working with them.
Mr. Lee K-12 Principal Report: - highlights
• Veterans Day Students were respectful, Barry Kyllo gave speech
• 1st and Formal Interviews of Non-tenure teachers
• Dare role models were chosen Evan Lee and Emily Rademacher
• Joe Scoblic and I attended Career pathways in Hutchinson
• Looking for Long Term Sub for up-coming medical leave of staff member
• Attended North Collaborative Willmar
• Free lunch at St. Paul Lutheran Church sponsored by Youth Task Force
Dr. Melissa Radeke Superintendent Report: - highlights
• Enrollment 480 students
• A construction building Trailer will need to be used. In order to save some $$, the small home was considered to be used as construction office. After a walk-through of the home, we found out that the furnace has been removed and has no heat. The Water has been shut off; but the city of Lester Prairie will still charge the school district a monthly water fee of $59. The City has refused to waive this monthly fee until the home is torn down.
• Hentges asked to have the home boarded up to prevent trespassing
• Lead Testing of water will need to be performed.
School Board Reports
• Community Ed. meeting held, new flyer has been sent out.
a. Next meeting October 30th
a. December 6th Christmas Store
b. Several applicants have been awarded $$.
i. K-6 store
ii. Kelly Kraemer flex seating
iii. 5th grade Dare program
• Facilities Dashir report
a. We are still taking applications for part/time sub. to cover absent employee
b. Committee Meeting on Wed. 11/20-
• Activities Committee met 11/14
a. Looking at transportation for all sports
b. Ivan to follow up newspaper student coverage for students participating in paired sports
c. Mr. Lee to speak with Coach at Glencoe
d. Looking at switching conferences as Charter schools of further distance are being added to MCAA conference
o Mr. Kramer attending and reaching out to other conferences
o Certified none
o Non-Certified - none
o Administration none
• Meet & Confer no issues
• Policy meeting 12/10
• Legislative none
• Motion by R. Heimerl and 2nd by Stifter-Knoll to approve Health Insurance MOU Contract Language for Business Manager, Payroll, Food Service manager, and paraprofessionals.
Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by Ziermann and 2nd by R. Heimerl to approve Josh Vollness C squad Boys Basketball Coach Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by Ziermann and second by Otto by to approve Rachel Stender as the One Act Play Advisor Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by R. Heimerl and second by Otto to approve resignation of Janice Mathews as paraprofessional with assigned duties.
Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by B. Heimerl and 2nd by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Resolution Relating to Appointing Election Judges for the election on February 11th. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by R. Heimerl and 2nd by Otto to approve World’s Best Work Force Report. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
Other Items for the Board
Meeting was adjourned at 7:23 PM
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal Dec. 20, 2019.