Lester Prairie School Board Minutes
|SPECIAL MEETING of the SCHOOL BOARD of EDUCATION
Lester Prairie Public Schools
FRIDAY February 21st, 2020
Lester Prairie School Media Center
Roll call was taken and the following board members were present: Corbey Hentges, Steve Ziermann, Rebecca Heimerl, Megan Stifter Knoll, Mary Otto and Brian Heimerl. Administration present: Dr. Melissa Radeke, Mike Lee.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Steve Ziermann.
• Motion by Otto second by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Agenda as presented and or modified Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by Ziermann and 2nd by Otto to approve the election of school board members as presented. Vote: 6 for, 0 against
• Motion by Hentges and 2nd by Stifter-Knoll to approve the Canvassing of School Board Election
o Election vote 48-1
Roll call Vote: Hentges yes, R. Heimerl yes, Ziermann yes, Stifter-Knoll - yes, Otto yes, Vote: 5 for, 0 against
Oath of Office
• New board member Brian Heimerl sworn in.
Building Project Discussion
• MLA and H&U recommends teardown or move building
• Some contractors looking at purchasing existing storage and weight room building.
• New parking lot will hold 92 spaces
• Current parking lot has 65 spaces
• Board has safety concerns for bus route through parking lot and turning.
• City is concerned with water run off of new building
• Initial referendum plans to city was a concept
Meeting was adjourned at 7:34 AM
Steven D. Ziermann, Clerk ISD #424
Published in the Herald Journal March 20, 2020.